Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Citrus Surprise

When we moved into our current home 3 1/2 months ago our backyard was full of sand and weeds. Interestingly the previous owner of the house had planted one lonely tree against the side wall. Being a new enthusiast to gardening and having no idea what kind of tree it was, I figured I would continue watering it and see what would grow. As nerdy as it sounds I tried describing to my mom what it looked like over the phone to see if she had any idea. My poor mama, as patient as she is but not a friend of Internet or phone texting, guessed that it was some kind of citrus tree without actually seeing it.

Low and behold!! It is flowering!! It smells citrusy... but honestly, I could just be imagining it. I looked up some pictures on google but since I've never inspected a citrus tree in detail, even comparing pictures online isn't helpful. So now I am patiently waiting for my citrus surprise..





1 comment:

  1. looks like citrus-my guess from the color is a pink grapefruit.

    ReplyDelete