Saturday, January 25, 2014

I Have Corn

Well I proved him wrong!!  My husband has been a skeptic about me managing to keep anything green alive, and I even surprise myself sometimes..  Maybe I just got lucky this year but we actually have a decent corn plant with what appears to be two ears of corn growing!  After closer inspection today I couldn't help but grab my husband to show it off.  I couldn't wipe the smile off my face. So proud...





The big flower planter is also doing well.  Everything in here was grown from seeds except for the Snapdragons.  This planter sits in partial shade under our lemon tree and usually thrives best out of all the other planters in the hot desert weather.  We have Sweet Peas, Daffodils and Johnny Jump Ups.  Look at how much the Sweet Peas have grown!











On another note, recently I planted two root roses.  So far, so good.  This is my first time planting roses.



And while browsing at Home Depot I ran across Plumbago plants and really liked the blue flowers.  Now there are two alongside the lonely single Jasmine shrub that has not given up on me yet.  We'll see how these go.. Trial and error.  There's no telling how long anything will survive with my fantastic gardening skills.  Have I mentioned I have killed six orchids in the past six months inside the house??  Oops....


No comments:

Post a Comment