Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Sure Is Hot Outside

Finally some time to pay attention to the yard!  My grass is turning yellow and there are weeds galore!!  It's been neglected because its been so hot to be outside for too long. I checked on some of my plants this morning before it got over 100 degrees outside. 

I had planted some yellow bell and jasmine shrubs a couple months ago and I wasn't sure they were going to make it in the beginning.  Looks like they're hanging in there pretty well despite the darn weeds overtaking the surrounding areas. 



A couple weeks ago I was also able to talk my more than reluctant husband to take a trip to the Home Depot for this orange tree.  I was surprised he offered to help me dig the hole to plant it after coming home with shirt soaked from the heat outside!  I bet he secretly enjoys the back yard garden even though he pretends to be disgruntled about it! 


Thanks hubby!!  Muahaha... :)



No comments:

Post a Comment